Father's Day is a delightful occasion celebrated across the world with immense grandeur and splendor. Such is the magnificence of the festival that all gift shops, card stores, and markets are flooded with all sorts of cards, gifts, and flowers, to be picked up by kids for their father. While most kids prefer selecting a gift from the market to convey their heartfelt wishes and thoughts for their father, some children often get confused on choosing the most unique way to express their love and care. For such children, this article brings you a creative pen holder to make on this occasion, which will serve as a lovely and memorable gift for your father. Not only will he appreciate your hard work that has gone into its making, but he will also cherish it for the rest of his life. Go through the following lines as we present you two different ways of making a pen holder.
Pen Holder is an easy craft activity to follow. Go ahead and gift this unique item to your father on the occasion of Father's Day.
- Empty Coke/Juice Can
- Old Magazines
- Make sure that the can is clean and dry.
- Surf the magazine and find words and pictures that remind you of your dad. For example, the words can be anything like love, sports, food, picnic, car, traveling, etc. The pictures can be of a particular personality he admires, a particular animal he loves, a beautiful scenery, and so on.
- With the help of glue and paintbrush, first paste the pictures on the can.
- Fill in the empty spaces in between the pictures with appropriate words and allow the can to dry.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the pen holder and it's ready to be gifted.
Pencil Holder with a Leather-like Appearance
- Masking Tape
- Brown Shoe Polish
- Old Rag
- You can choose between frozen juice cans, cake frosting tubs, and plastic drinking cups as your container for the pencil holder.
- Cut out masking tape in varying lengths and wrap them around the outside of the container. The tape should not of uniform lengths.
- Continue wrapping the tape until the entire container is covered with masking tape.
- Dip a sponge in brown shoe polish and dab it all over the container. Leave it aside to dry completely.
- Using an old rag, buff the whole pencil holder. As you continue to buff, you will see that the polish will starting giving off a shiny appearance. Continue buffing until you are satisfied with the appearance of the pen holder.
- Your pencil holder will now resemble faux leather.
- Gently tie a piece of attractive ribbon around the pen holder, ensuring that it does not spoil the shine of the polish.