On Father's Day, every child is engaged in the task of creating wonderful memories for his dad. Dad is our friend, mentor, and hero. He is someone who is always there for us, when we need him. Other than these, there are countless other reasons for which a dad deserves special treatment on Father's Day. You can give a special touch to your Father's Day celebrations by preparing a gastronomical delight for the lunch. It is seen that good food always enlivens the spirits of any festivity. Go ahead and surprise your dad on this Father's Day, by serving a delicious and appetizing lunch prepared especially by you. We have listed some delicious Father's Day lunch recipes in the following lines, just for you. Have a look and pick up your best choice.
Lunch Recipes For Father's Day
Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry
Lunch prepared on an occasion like Father's Day has to be special. Explore this article to learn Fathers Day lunch recipes.
Father's Day Lunch Recipes
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1 bunch Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Cabbage (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet.
- As the oil begins to smoke, quickly stir in 2 minced garlic cloves, ginger root, green onions, and salt. Stir fry until onions become translucent, for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken strips and sauté until opaque, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 4 minced garlic cloves and stir well.
- Gradually add onions, cabbage, red bell pepper, peas and ½ cup chicken broth. Mix and cover the skillet.
- Mix the remaining ½ cup chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce mixture into the skillet and stir until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated with the thickened sauce.
- Serve immediately, over hot rice, if desired.
Beef Nacho Casserole
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1½ cups chunky Salsa
- 1 can whole Corn Kernels (drained)
- ¾ cup creamy Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 cups Tortilla Chips (crushed)
- 2 cups Colby Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet and place ground beef in it. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until evenly browned.
- Drain the extra fat or grease.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in salsa, corn kernels, salad dressing, and chili powder.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, layer the ground beef mixture, tortilla chips, and cheese, twice, finishing with cheese on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncovered, until cheese has melted and dish is thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot.
Creamy Biscuit Chicken
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups cooked, chopped Chicken Breast Meat
- 2 cups frozen Green Peas (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup toasted sliced Almonds
- Place a large saucepan on medium flame and meltbutter.
- Add flour and sauté well.
- Add chicken broth, cream, garlic powder, salt, andblack pepper. Stir well and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add chicken, peas, and almonds. Heat well.
- Place freshly baked hot biscuits in a serving plateand pour over the chicken preparation.
- Serve hot.