Christmas is celebrated every year on December 25 and is one of the major festivals around the world. Christmas is a special occasion to rejoice the birth of Jesus Christ. This special festival encompasses the spirit of love, harmony and unity. On this day, people decorate their houses with mistletoes, Christmas lights, baubles, candy canes, stockings and so on. Cakes, pudding and treats are prepared as a part of the Christmas feast. Exchanging gifts and greetings is an inherent custom on this festive occasion. During the Christmas season, people sing carols to conjure the Christmas spirit. The festival is about togetherness and sharing what we value with the ones we love. There are many popular movies are based on the festival of Christmas. Families watch these movies during on this day and spend quality time together. Here is a list of famous, Christmas movie quotes that will surely remind you of the splendors of this joyous festival.
Christmas Movie Quotations
Christmas is a joyous festival celebrated worldwide. A collection of film citations will help double the revelries of this popular festival. Here is a list of memorable Christmas movie quotes.
Christmas Movie Quotes
- “Okay, this is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year; I just want my family back?” - Kevin McCallister (Home Alone)
- “It’s Christmas Eve. Good deeds count extra tonight. Think of an important thing you can do for other and go do it. Just follow the star in your heart”. - The Bird Lady (Home Alone 2)
- “This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas — as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart”. - Santa Claus ( The Polar Express)
- “Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind and that's what's been changing. That's why I'm glad I'm here, maybe I can do something about it”. - Kris Kringle (Miracle on 34th Street)
- “You’re soft. You’re sloppy! You’re unruly! You’re undisciplined… and I never saw anything look so wonderful in my whole life. Thank you all”. - Gen. Thomas F. Waverly ( White Christmas)
- “Santa, don’t forget the Grinch. I know he’s mean and hairy and smelly, and his hands are cold and clammy but I think he’s kind a… sweet”. - Cindy Lou Who, (The Grinch)
- “It's Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive”. - Miles (The Holiday)
- “We're not just doing this for us. We're doing it for the kids. For every kid who ever sat on Santa's lap. For every little girl who left cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas night. For every little boy who opens a package Christmas morning and finds clothes instead of toys. It breaks my heart”. - Mall Santa (Jingle All The Way)
- “There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not here anymore.”- The Ghost of Christmas Present (Scrooge)
- “Oh, life is like that. Sometimes, at the height of our revelries, when our joy is at its zenith, when all is most right with the world, the most unthinkable disasters descend upon us.” – Adult Ralphie ( A Christmas Story)
- “Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas!” - Ebenezer Scrooge (A Christmas Carol)
- “Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!” – George Bailey (It’s A Wonderful Life)
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Buddy the Elf (Elf)
- “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.” – Linus ( A Charlie Brown Christmas)
- “If you really love Christmas, come on and let it snow.”- Billy Hack ( Love Actually)
- “I didn’t really want to run away. I just wanted you to find me and bring me back here and tell me things are going to be okay—like they use to be.”- Jessica Riggs (Prancer)
- “We’re kicking off our fun old fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols”. – Clark (National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation)
- “Now look, Hallie, you can ask for toys, parakeets, hair care products, I don't care. But you may not ask for anything to do with interpersonal relationships! Got it? This is Santa Claus, not Dear Abby.”- Ethan O’Fallon (All I Want For Christmas)
- “That's what Christmas memories are made from, they're not planned, they're not scheduled, nobody puts them in their Blackberry, they just happen.” – Kelly Finch ( Deck the Halls)
Christmas is a wonderful holiday to spend time with family and to spread the good cheer and happiness among those you care about. These are selected compilations of some of the best, memorable quotes from the most popular Christmas movies of all time. These Christmas movies are sure to awaken the spirit of 'Christmas' in you!