Warmth, love, affection, care and emotional support is what comes to the mind when anyone mentions the word 'mother'. A woman who is a mother dedicates each day in meeting the requirements and necessities of her child. Mother's day is one day for you to recognize all the sacrifices made by your mother and appreciate her sacrifices as a mother by doing something in return for her. Though your mere presence on the occasion will fill her heart with pleasure, but wishing her and throwing a party to mark the day will convey the message that you respect and love her. You can also make her feel valuable and special by presenting her with a personalized gift as a token of your love and affection for her. One such personalized gift that you can surprise your mother with is to make a mommy's mug. This write up will furnish you with the method of making a mommy's mug. Explore the following section to learn more.
Monogram Mommy's Mugs
Here are steps as to how to make easy mother's day crafts. Surf through the article below to learn how to make mommy's mugs, a personalized gift option for the occasion.
- Plain white mug
- Graphite transfer paper
- Black pebeo porcelain pen with a fine point
- A tape
- Print out the initials of your mom's name in the font you think will look good on a plain white mug to be gifted.
- Cut out the initial and also a piece of transfer paper. Tape the transfer paper and the initials to the mug with the dark side facing the mug.
- Trace the initial to the mug with the help of any pen or pencil. You can experiment to judge what will be the amount of pressure to be exerted.
- A light outline will be enough to carry out further procedures. You can also make your own transfer paper by rubbing a graphite pencil all over the plain paper.
- Once you have the outline on the mug, make use of your porcelain to trace over the outline of the initial. Make sure that you get the edges neat and thick, before filling the initial up with diagonal sketch strokes.
- Once you have sketched the letter neatly, let the mug dry for 24 hours and then bake it at 300 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- It is advisable to bake it with graphite residue, since it is easy to wipe the mug baking it.
- Take out the mug after 35 minutes and wipe it to have your monogram mommy's mug to be gifted ready. You can pack chocolates and other goodies and place it in the mug while gifting it.