If you have always wanted to make baked lasagna for your mother but have never known how to go about it, aid has arrived. All you need to do is take the time to read on to discover step by step instructions on how to put together the cheesiest, the juiciest and the most fulfilling portion of baked lasagna. Remember, if you are interested and know the tricks of the trade, making lasagna can prove to be quite a fun filled activity.
Few dishes can be tastier than a generous helping of baked lasagna. Explore this article to gain access to step by step instructions on how to make baked lasagna.
Baked Lasagna Recipe
- 1 Onion (minced)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 tsp Shortening
- 1 can of Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- ½ lb Lasagna Noodles
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 ½ qt Boiling Water
- ½ lb Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- 1 cup Cream Cottage Cheese
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- Putting this recipe together shouldn't take much time or trouble. You can begin by finding yourself a pan and adding the shortening to it.
- Heat the pan and once it is hot enough, you can add the chopped onion, garlic and ground beef. Fry all ingredients for twenty minutes or so.
- Once the stipulated time has passed, you can add the tomatoes and the tomato sauce to the pan. Stir for a bit and then proceed to add salt and pepper to taste.
- With this done, you can take it easy on yourself as you let the contents of the pan to simmer for around thirty to forty minutes.
- Once the thirty or forty minutes have passed by, add the lasagna noodles to a separate and large bowl that contains boiling water. Cook the noodles for around twenty minutes or so. For best results, add a tablespoon of salt to the boiling water.
- Find yourself a baking dish, grease it and then add to it just about 1/3rd of the meat mixture. Add layers of noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella and the cheddar too.
- Repeat the process of adding layers to the baking dish until nothing much is left to add to the baking dish. Top off the dish with a few shavings of Mozzarella cheese. Bake!
- Baked lasagna is ready, serve it hot and watch it being wolfed down by your mother and everybody else invited to partake in your Mother's Day feast.
There you go; you now know how to make 'Baked Lasagna'. This really is the perfect dish to make for your mother on 'Mother's Day'.