Safety products to childproof your home and home safety for child.
Home Safety Products For Child
Kids are sweet, lovable and admirable. This is mostly because of the mesmerizing charm that can be seen in everything they do. A kid playing around the house, trying to do innovative things and crawling all over the place, driven by his curiosity is really a pleasing sight. However, if not taken care of, this pleasing sight can turn into a disaster in the blink of an eye. Notorious as they are, kids stand a chance of running into dangerous situations. Therefore, as a parent you need to ensure that your house is ready for a kid; that it is secure and safe enough for a kid to play around. Due to an increasing number of kids getting injured due to some accident or the other, improvements and modifications have been made in home safety products. You now have safety products designed specifically for homes with kids. Scroll down to learn more about such home safety products for kids.
- Out of all the home safety equipments for kids, safety latches and locks are the ones that are most commonly used. Latches come into good use when you have prescription drugs, detergents, garden chemicals or fertilizers in closets.
- If you have kids around, stay away from smoking in the house. Smoking is not only hazardous to your health, but also to the health of the kids in question. Make it a point to keep the house free of mould, dust and pet dander. All of these can cause breathing difficulties in children.
- If you have a staircase in your house, secure it with safety gates. This will help reduce chances of accidents. Remember, kids are curious and can easily fall through the railing bars.
- Kids need to be protected and guided at every step. You can prepare them for a refreshing bath, but they might just touch a hot faucet and burn their hands in the process. Therefore, it is advisable to use anti-scald devices on showerheads and faucets.
- Window guards and window screens are few other safety devices necessary for a house with children. Window guards and safety netting should be used on windows and balconies to provide your child with security.
- It is quite natural for children to crawl around the house, walk around the house and even run around the house. However, while playing kids can easily run into the sharp edges of furniture. To prevent an accident of this sort, secure the sharp edges of furniture and fireplaces with edge bumpers.
- In order to prevent your child from receiving electric shocks, all the plug points in your house should be covered with outlet covers and plates. Use outlet covers and plates that are especially designed to protect kids from electric shocks.
- The cords that come with window blinds should be short. This will keep them out of reach from children. If the cords of window blinds are too long, children can easily strangle themselves while playing around.
- It is advisable to get a carbon monoxide detector installed in bedrooms to detect any change in the amount of CO in the house. These detectors will help you keep a track of the amount of CO in your house and can save you and your child from CO poisoning.
- It is advisable to make use of doorstoppers and holders to prevent your child from getting. Remember, children are generally naughty and can hurt themselves while playing with the doors or window panes.
- Do not use too many plastic bags or at least keep them away from children at home. A kid might just wear a plastic bag over his head and might even suffocate. In short, plastic bags and kids should be kept way from each other.
- Make it a point to not plant any poisonous plant in your garden. You may think the plan or the flower it bears looks good, but a poisonous plant is always a threat to your child's health and should be avoided.
- You need to be extra careful if you have a pool at home. The door to the pool should always be locked when the pool is not in use.