Akki Roti Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2013/03/28/akki-roti-ellu-pajji-rice-roti-recipe/
|Akki Roti Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||9.2 / 10 (11 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups Akki Hittu (Rice flour)
- 4 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Onion (Chopped)
- Asafoetida (hing) (pinch)
- ½ cup Fresh Coconut (grated)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbs Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- Oil (for roasting)
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Akki Roti:
- First mix all the ingredients adding little oil in mildly warm water.
- Knead the ingredients well and make soft dough.
- Apply little oil on the hand and make small lemon sized balls.
- Pat the dough to thick roti (like pizza base).
- Put the prepared roti on the preheated pan.
- Put oil on the sides of roti and also on the roti.
- Cook roti well on both sides till it turns golden brown in color.
- Mouth watering hot akki roti is ready to be served.