Almond Roll Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/almond-fans-a-sweet-yeast-roll
|Almond Roll Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
- 1 kg Almond Kernels (thickly grated)
- 4-5 tbsp Sugar
- 5 tbsp Hard Tack (finely grated Rusk)
- 1 Nutmeg (grated)
- 1 kg Sugar
- 3 glasses Water
- Peel of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- A pinch of Vanilla Powder
- 2 glasses Water
- 2 cups Oil
- Flour (as required)
- A pinch of Salt
How to make Almond Roll:
- Mix the ingredients for the dough and knead well to make elastic dough.
- Roll out the dough into a thin filo sheet.
- Mix all ingredients to make the filling.
- Spread the filling over the filo sheet and roll it into a cylinder, ensuring that the filling is in the center.
- Cut the cylinder into even pieces and pour heated oil on each.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden in color.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing all syrup materials.
- Remove the baked sweets from oven and pour the cold syrup over them.