Aloo Kurma Recipe
|Aloo Kurma Recipe|
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Rating||8.5 / 10 (4 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving||235|
- 4 Potatoes (chopped into cubes)
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cp peas
- Ginger and Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Coconut Powder
- 2 tsp Red chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- One Pinch of Turmeric
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Garam masala
How to make Aloo Kurma:
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds, once they start popping, add onions.
- Fry onions until it turns golden brown. Then, add ginger garlic paste to it and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peas to the mixture.
- Once the tomatoes are well cooked, add cooked potatoes, salt, redchilli powder, coconut powder, turmeric, garam masala and little bit of water.
- Allow them to cook for 10-15 mins on medium flame, covered. Keep stirring (occasionally), until the potatoes are tender.
- [If you like curd, add 5 tbsp of curd and cook for 10 minutes].
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Suggestions:Serve hot with rice or roti.