Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe
|Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe|
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 Minutes|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving||208|
- ½ inch piece Ginger (chopped)
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- FOR TOPPING:
- ½ cup Matara
- ¼ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Black Salt (a pinch)
- ¼ tsp Chaat Masala
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- A few Papdis (crushed)
- ¼ cup (59 ml) Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sweet Date and Tamarind Chutney
- ½ tbsp Green Chutney
- 4 Potatoes (large) (boiled and mashed)
- Oil (to shallow fry)
- 1 cup Split Black Gram Skinless (Dhuli Urad Dal) (soaked and boiled)
- 1 tsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- Black salt to taste
- Asafoetida (a pinch)
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Tikki Chaat:
- Take urad dal in a bowl.
- Put red chili powder, salt, green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves into the bowl and mix them well.
- Add salt to the potatoes and mix and make eight equal balls.
- Take a non-stick flat pan and heat oil.
- Take a ball of mashed potatoes in your palm, spread slightly, place a portion of the dal mixture in the center and gather the edges and shape into a tikki.
- Low fry the tikkis on medium heat till both sides are evenly golden brown.
- Keep the tikkis in a plate.
- Pour some sweet tamarind chutney, yogurt, green chutney over it.
- Sprinkle chaat masala, red chili powder and coriander leaves.
- Crush a few papdis at the end.
Suggestions:Serve with chapati