Amla Anchar Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz07Ph7a6Qo
|Amla Anchar Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- ½ Kg (2.2 pounds) Amla
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 200 gms (7 oz) Red Chilli Powder
- 200 gms (Salt)
- ¼ tsp Rai (Sesame Seeds)
- ¼ Jeera( Cumin Seeds)
- ¼ tsp Methi Seeds ( Fenugreek)
- ¼ tsp Udad Dhal
- 1 tsp full of Asafetida Powder
- 6 nos Dried Red Chillies
- 10 to 15 Curry Leaves (Karepaku)
How to make Amla Anchar:
- Clean and dry Amla.
- Take a non- stick pan and put oil in it.
- Once the oil is heated add red chillies to it.
- Once they turn brown, add rai, jeera, udad dal, methi seeds, curry leaves, asafetida.
- When the rai pops out , its time to add salt.
- Heat the amla on a low flame.
- If required you can sprinkle little amount of water to the Amlas.
- Heat until the amla divides leaving the seeds.
- Once cooked set them aside to become cool.
- Add chilli powder and stir them well.
- Your Amla achar is now ready for use.
It can be served with hot rice