Amle Ka Murabba Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.recipecurry.com/recipe/amle-ka-murabba/
|Amle Ka Murabba Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 1 kg Gooseberries (Amla)
- 1 1/2 kg Sugar
- A few strands of Saffron (Kesar)
- 1 tsp Black Cardamom Seeds (crushed)
- 10-15 Almonds (blanched and slivered)
How to make Amle Ka Murabba:
- In a pan filled with two cups of water, cook the gooseberries till soft and tender. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Deseed the gooseberries and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat half liter of water and add sugar to it and cook till it is completely melted and gives a thread like consistency.
- Add the gooseberries to it and continue.
- Now, add crushed black cardamom seeds, almonds and saffron to it and cook, uncovered, on low heat till the mixture is thick and translucent.
- Cool it and store it in jars.