Andra cabbage Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2012/04/18/cabbage-vepudu-recipe/
|Andra cabbage Curry Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Cabbage (medium size)
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 Green Chillies
- 3-4 Curry Leaves
- ¼ tbsp Chili Powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Water to boil
- For Tadka:
- ½ tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Urud Dal
- 1 pinch Asafetida ( Hing)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds ( Jeera)
How to make Andra cabbage Curry:
- Finely chop the cabbage and cook it with water, salt and turmeric.
- Drain the water from it and keep aside.
- Grind the mustard seeds with red chillies into a fine powder (preferred, not to roast them).
- Heat the oil in a pan and put the ingredients for Tadka and finely chopped green chillies.
- Add the cooked cabbage and season it with salt and chili powder.
- Finally add the ground mustard powder and curry leaves and cook for 2-3 mins on low flame.
Serve it hot with both chapatti/roti and rice.