Andhra Beerakaya Pachadi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2009/11/05/beerakaya-thokku-pachadi-rigde-gourd-turai-skin-chutney/
|Andhra Beerakaya Pachadi Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 small piece Tamarind (soaked in water)
- 2-3 Beerakaya (Ridge Gourd) (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 5-6 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric
- 3-5 tsp Oil
- ½ tbsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (Heeng)
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Andhra Beerakaya Pachadi:
- Take out the skin of the Beerakaya and clean it.
- Chop it into small pieces.
- Take a pan and add 3-5 tbsp of oil in it.
- Add rest of the ingredients except Beerakaya and Turmeric.
- Roast the Urad Dal and Chana Dal until it becomes brown.
- Once the dals are roasted, add Beerakaya, turmeric and cook it until the Beerakaya is done.
- Add salt and let it cool down.
- Grind the cooked Beerakaya with the tamarind water.
- Serve it in a dish by garnishing it with talimpu along with coriander.
Serve with bread or chapati