Andhra Cabbage Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2012/04/18/cabbage-vepudu-recipe/
|Andhra Cabbage Curry Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||9.8 / 10 (6 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Cabbage (medium size)
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Red Chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- Water to boil
- 2 Green Chillies
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- 1¼ tbsp Chili powder (optional)
- For Tadka:
- 1½ tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Urud dal
- 1 pinch Asafetida ( Hing)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds ( Jeera)
How to make Andhra Cabbage Curry:
- Finely chop the cabbage and cook it with water, salt and turmeric. [Drain the water from it and keep aside].
- Grind the mustard seeds with red chillies into a fine powder. [its preferred, not to roast them].
- Heat the oil in a pan and put the ingredients for Tadka and finely chopped green chillies.
- Add the cooked cabbage and season it with salt and chili powder.
- Finally add the ground mustard powder and curry leaves and cook for 2-3 mins on low flame.
Serve it hot with both chapatti/roti and rice.