Andhra Carrot Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.indianrecipes.lv/recipes/carrot-curry.html
|Andhra Carrot Curry Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||8.9 / 10 (7 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 9 Carrots
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Moong Dal
- 1 Onion (small)
- 2 Green Chilies
- Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 Red Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Sarso)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
- 1 tsp Chana Dal (Chhola/ Kadale bele/ Kadala parippu)
- 1 tsp Urad Dal (Uddina bele/ Kolai dal/ Biri daali)
How to make Andhra Carrot Curry:
- Wash the moong dal and soak in water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Chop the onions, green chilies and chop the carrots into small cubes shape
- Heat oil in the pan
- Add crushed garlic and saute for 15 seconds by reducing the flame to sim.
- Then add red chilies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and saute till mustard seeds starts making popping sound
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves and saute for 5 minutes
- Drain the water from the chopped carrots and moon dal before adding them in the pan
- Add enough salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Stir them well once and close with lid.
- Leave it to cook on low to medium flame for 10 minutes, till the carrots become soft.
- Stir the curry in middle to avoid sticking on the sides of kadai.
Serve hot with rice or chapati