Andhra Coconut Rice Recipe
|Andhra Coconut Rice Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||6.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 cups Rice
- 2 ½ Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Coconut (small size)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 1 Star Anise
- 7 Cloves
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 Javitri
- 1 Onion (large size)
- 5 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (roasted)
- Mint leaves (as per requirement)
- Coriander leaves (as per requirement)
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
How to make Andhra Coconut Rice:
- Initially remove the coconut's white pulp after breaking it apart.
- Chop the pulp in piece before inserting it in a grinder for grinding.
- Add a cup of water to it and grind the pulp finely.
- Pour it over a fine cotton cloth piece and strain out its milk while putting aside the solid part.
- To a medium heated stove place a thick bottomed vessel and pour the oil into it.
- Lower the flame mode then add cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, bay leaves, javitri and star anise.
- Stir it fry for two minutes then mix to it cashews, green chilies, onion slices and coriander powder .
- Saute it for five minutes then pour 4 cups of coconut milk and next add 2 cups of water.
- Once the liquid boils then to it add the rice and salt.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Bring the flame at the low mode and keep the vessel tight sealed for about fifteen minutes.
- Once the rice is ready pour the ghee over it.
Best served with paneer, chicken or veg-curry or mutton.