Andhra Potato Kurma Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2012/04/22/potato-korma-recipe-andhra-style/
|Andhra Potato Kurma Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Onions (medium sized)
- 3 tsp Poppy Seeds (khus khus)
- 3 tsp Grated Coconut (desiccated coconut powder)
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic (paste)
- 1 Tomato (medium sized)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom (powdered) (elaichi)
- 1/4 Shahjeera (black cumin)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (dal chini)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Cashews (broken into pieces)
- 4 Green Chillies (slit lengthwise)
- 2 cup Water
- ½ Oil
- To be mixed into a paste:
- 11/2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 11/2 tbsp Curd (yogurt)
- 1 tsp Red Chili (powder)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Coriander (powder) (dhania powder)
- Salt to taste
How to make Andhra Potato Kurma:
- In a small mixing bowl combine all the ingredients to be made into paste and mix thoroughly and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes, peel them and cut them into cubes.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a mixer or grinder, blend the poppy seeds and grated dry coconut.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the shahjeera, cardamom powder, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and cashew pieces. [Stir for 2 minutes].
- When cashew turns light brown add chopped onions. Saute till golden brown.
- Add boiled potato pieces and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add the paste that you mixed initially.
- Add green chillies and mix well. After about 5 minutes add the poppy seeds - coconut mixture and mix well.
- Add tomato pieces, water and more salt if needed and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes stirring in between [You may add more water to make the curry thin].
Serve hot with Roti or Pori or Pulav.