Andra Aloo kurma Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sailusfood.com/2012/04/22/potato-korma-recipe-andhra-style/
|Andra Aloo kurma Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Onions (medium sized)
- 3 Poppy Seeds (khus khus)
- 3 Dry Coconuts (powder/ Grated)
- 1 Ginger-Garlic (paste)
- 1 Tomato (medium sized)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms (elaichi) (powdered)
- ¼ Shahjeera (black cumin)
- 1 inch cinnamon sticks (dal chini)
- 2 Bay Leaves (tej pat)
- 4 Cashews (pieces)
- 4 Green Chillies (slit lengthwise)
- 2 cp water
- To be mixed into a paste:
- 1½ tbsp Sour Cream
- 1½ tbsp Curd (yogurt)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (dhania powder)
How to make Andra Aloo kurma:
- In a small mixing bowl combine all the ingredients (Sour cream, Curd, Red Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Salt) to be made into paste and mix thoroughly and keep aside.
- Boil potatoes and Cut them into cubes.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
- Blend the poppy seeds and grated dry coconut. (Add water if needed)
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the shahjeera, cardamom powder, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and cashew pieces and stir it.
- When cashew turns light brown add chopped onions, wait till it turns golden brown. Then add boiled potato pieces and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- After about 5 minutes add the paste that you mixed initially. Add green chillies and mix well.
- Later add the poppy seeds - coconut mixture and mix well.
- Add tomato pieces, water and more salt if needed in to the mixture and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes (stir in between).
serve it hot with roti