Anise Seed Rolls Recipe
|Anise Seed Rolls Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 7 gm Active Dry Yeast
- 8 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Shortening
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 tsp Anise Seeds
- 1 liter Water
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
How to make Anise Seed Rolls:
- Pour the milk into a heated pan and heat just until bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
- Remove from heat and cool to 45 degrees C.
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup lukewarm water and set it aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the shortening, sugar, eggs, salt, and anise seeds in it, mix well.
- Stir in the milk and yeast mixture and gradually add in the flour.
- Stir until soft dough is prepared. Cover the bowl with a clean cloth, and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Punch down dough, divide into two pieces, and roll out each piece into a rectangle about 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut dough into 8x1 inch strips. Twist each strip into a simple knot, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with a clean cloth, and allow rising until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile pour water into a pan and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Dip each roll quickly into the boiling water, and return to baking sheet.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes and serve .