Anjeer Ki Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/gourmet/jamschutneys-recipes-sec15.htm
|Anjeer Ki Chutney Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 500 g Figs (Anjeer) (blanched and sliced)
- 15-20 Almonds (Badam) (blanched and sliced)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 4-5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 3 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Melon Seeds (Magaz)
How to make Anjeer Ki Chutney:
- In a wok (kadhai), heat two tablespoon of oil and lightly sauté the garlic followed by onions.
- Add malt vinegar, red chilli powder, salt, three tablespoons of sugar and a quarter cup of water to it and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- In a blender take figs, green chillies, half of the almonds, green cardamom powder, the cooked spices, a tablespoon of white vinegar and water and make a smooth paste.
- In a wok (kadhai), heat the remaining oil and add melon seeds, sliced almonds, and the fig paste and mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- Add remaining sugar for glaze and white vinegar for sourness.
- Remove from heat and cool.