Apple and Celery Root Salad Recipe
|Apple and Celery Root Salad Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving
- ¼ cup Low-Fat Buttermilk
- 1 oz Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tbsp Chives (chopped, plus more for garnishing)
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 dashes of Hot Pepper Sauce (such as Tabasco)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ pound Celery Root (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 3 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Apples
How to make Apple and Celery Root Salad:
- Take a large bowl and combine together buttermilk, blue cheese, chives, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Toss the celery root in the buttermilk dressing. Allow it to stand for 15 minutes.
- Place lemon juice in a bowl.
- Trim the tops and bottoms of the apples.
- Slice the apples crosswise, removing the seeds.
- Core the apples with a round cookie cutter or pairing knife.
- Mix the apples with the lemon juice.
- Take 4 serving plates and alternately layer apple and then celery root mixture.
- Garnish with reserved chives and serve.