Apple Pastries Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/poison-apple-pastries/
|Apple Pastries Recipe|
||45 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 packages active dry Yeast
- ¼ cup Water
- ¾ cup Milk (scalded)
- 5/6 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Butter
- ½ tsp Lemon Extract
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 4½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 20 oz Apples (sliced)
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
How to make Apple Pastries:
- Dissolve yeast in very warm water.
- Combine hot milk with 1/3 cup sugar, salt, and 1/3 cup butter in a medium-sized pot.
- Cool until lukewarm and stir in the yeast mixture.
- Combine lemon extract with eggs and add to the milk mixture.
- Gradually add flour and knead well into smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a buttered 9x13x2 inch pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove and roll out into 16x12 inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/3 cup butter over 2/3 of the dough.
- Fold it into 3 layers.
- Roll out again in the previous size and repeat the process with the remaining butter.
- Chill overnight. Divide into two parts and roll out each into 14x9 inch pastry and cut into 14x¾ inch strips.
- Twist and form each strip into a spiral roll.
- Place a few apple slices in the center of each roll.
- Mix cinnamon with 1/2 cup sugar and sprinkle over each rolls.
- Cover and place the rolls in a warm place to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
- Serve after cooling.