Apple Walnut Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.walnuts.org/cooking-with-walnuts/recipes/festive-fruit-walnut-stuffed-pork-roast/
|Apple Walnut Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 Apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 Celery Stalk (diced)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 5 cups dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cloves (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 3 pound boneless Rolled Pork Loin Roast
How to make Apple Walnut Stuffed Pork Roast:
- In a saucepan melt the butter and stir in the apple, onion, celery, and walnuts. Mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Now add the applesauce, water and breadcrumbs. Stir and cook until the breadcrumbs absorb the liquid.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Unroll the pork roast and place it in the baking dish and spoon the stuffing mixture over the roast.
- Roll the roast with the fatty side on top and then tie with a twine.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 50 minutes.