Apricot Chicken Recipe
|Apricot Chicken Recipe|
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Port Wine
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Dried Apricots
- 500 gm Boneless Chicken
- 2 Green Capsicums (thinly sliced)
- 10 Almonds (blanched & slivered)
- 10-12 Black peppercorns (crushed)
How to make Apricot Chicken:
- Take apricots and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and remove the seeds. Make a puree of half of them.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter in a pan till it gets melted. Add green capsicum and sauté. Add salt and blanched almond slivers, setting aside some for garnish, and continue to sauté for two to three minutes.
- Turn off the fire and empty the contents onto a serving plate, spread evenly.
- Heat the remaining butter, add brown sugar and stir. Add boneless chicken pieces to the above and stir.
- Then add port wine and mix. Add salt, half the freshly crushed peppercorns and mix.
- Add apricot puree, whole seeded apricots and a little water and cook till the chicken is done.
- Now add the remaining crushed peppercorns and stir.
- Pour over the capsicum-almond layer in the serving plate.
- Sprinkle some almond slivers and serve immediately.