Apricot Glazed Turkey Recipe
|Apricot Glazed Turkey Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 21 Pound turkey, fresh
- 32 Ounces turkey broth,
- As needed salt and freshly ground black pepper
For Apricot Glaze
- 1 Cup apricot preserves
- 1 Cup apricot nectar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
For Herb Butter
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 tbsp Chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
How to make Apricot Glazed Turkey:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix apricot nectar, preserves, ginger and honey in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, set aside.
- Blend butter, sage, salt and pepper in a small bowl and keep aside this herb butter.
- Clean and dry the turkey with paper towels.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Put the turkey on rack, and place in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Slide fingers under the skin of turkey breast to loosen the skin.
- Spread half of the herb butter over breast under the skin and put rest of the herb butter in small saucepan.
- Place it on low heat till melted.
- Brush the herb butter outside of the turkey.
- Tie the legs together loosely to form the shape of the turkey.
- Roast turkey for about 30 minutes.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Continue to roast turkey for another 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Add broth to the pan if pan drippings evaporate.
- Place the apricot glaze on low heat and simmer.
- Brush the turkey with 1/2 cup glaze and cover turkey with heavy foil.
- Roast turkey for about 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and roast turkey for another 30 minutes, brushing rest of the glaze over turkey.
- Turkey is cooked when the internal temperature measures 170 degrees F in the breast.
- Place turkey on serving dish, loosely tent with the foil.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes before carving.