Photo Credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arancini
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 200 g Arborio Rice
- ½ liter Water
- 250 ml Tomato Juice
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 2-3 Saffron Strands
- 150 ml White Wine
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- 125 g fresh Mozzarella (cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1 cup dried Breadcrumbs
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
How to make Arancini:
- Heat butter in a large pan and fry rice with garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine, saffron, and half of the water. Stir and simmer on low heat until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Add remaining water, tomato juice, and salt. Stir until the liquid is absorbed in.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and transfer to a bowl. Leave until slightly warm.
- Smash the mixture slightly and shape into 4 balls.
- Make a hole into each ball and fill with mozzarella cubes.
- Seal the balls around the cheese and roll into breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the balls, until golden brown from all sides.
- Remove from the pan and place on an absorbing sheet.
- Serve hot.