Photo Credit: http://sarahsprague.com/2013/01/17/super-bowl-recipe-month-arayes-quesadillas-delicious-middle-eastern-cousin-at-ksk/
||30 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 500 g Lamb
- 1 cup Parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Baharat Spice Mix (paprika, nutmeg, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, cumin, green cardamom seeds and cassia bark)
- ½ cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Small Tomato, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 5 tsp Olive Oil
- 5 slice Arabic Bread
- 1 tsp Salt
How to make Arayes:
- Preheat the barbeque. In the meantime, clean the lamb and cut it into cubes.
- Now, grind it in the meat grinder, in batches.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add all the ingredients to it, except bread and olive oil. Knead it well.
- Open up the Arabic bread and spread this meat mixture over it, in a thin layer.
- Now, close the bread, coat it with olive oil and cook on preheated barbeque on medium heat, till it gets cooked. Serve hot.