Arbi-Yam Oondhiya Recipe
Photo Credit: http://blog.omved.com/ayurveda/post/ood.aspx
|Arbi-Yam Oondhiya Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Arbi (peeled & cubed)
- 1 Sweet Potato (peeled & cubed)
- 1 Potato (unpeeled & cubed)
- 1 Raw Banana(unpeeled & chopped)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin (peeled & chopped)
- 3-4 Water Chestnuts (peeled & halved)
- 2 slices Raw Papaya (peeled & grated)
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp. Kuttu or Singhare Ka Atta
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Coconut (grated)
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 cup Curry Leaves
- 1" piece Ginger (grated)
- 4 Black Peppercorns
- 2 small Cardamoms
How to make Arbi-Yam Oondhiya:
- Take grated papaya in a bowl and add salt and lemon juice to it.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add all the ingredients, except papaya and coriander, to the above. Also pour a little water and bring it to a boil.
- Stir and cover the cooker with lid; allow one whistle. Once all the steam is out, open the cooker and check whether the vegetables are cooked or not.
- Now add grated papaya and simmer until gravy is thickened.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Arbi-Yam Oondhiya is ready to eat. Serve hot with kuttu ka paratha.