|Rating||9.5 / 10 (19 votes)|
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 kg Rice
- 3/4 kg Jaggery
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup Water
How to make Ariselu:
- Wash the rice and soak it for about 6 hours.
- Drain the water and keep the rice on a cloth for drying.
- Make fine powder by grinding it in a mixie.
- Shred the jaggery and put it in a pan.
- Add water to the jaggery and dissolve it by boiling.
- Make thick syrup of this mixture on low flame.
- Gradually add ground rice to it and stir constantly. There should not be any lump formation.
- Remove the pan from fire.
- Prepare balls out of this mixture.
- Press the balls on a plastic sheet to shape them in the form of round puris.
- To decorate, roll the puris lightly in the sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in another pan.
- Deep-fry these puris on low flame till dark brown.
- Ariselu is ready.