Asparagus Au Gratin Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.foodchannel.com/recipes/recipe/asparagus-parmesan-au-gratin/
|Asparagus Au Gratin Recipe|
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cheese (shredded)
- 1-1/2 cups Cracker Crumbs
- 3/4 Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds fresh Asparagus (trimmed & cooked), or frozen Asparagus (thawed)
How to make Asparagus Au Gratin:
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour and salt until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and continue to cook till the sauce thickens. Keep stirring constantly.
- Add in shredded cheese.
- Combine cracker crumbs and chopped walnuts.
- Place a layer of asparagus in a buttered casserole. Add a layer of cracker mixture, followed by a layer of sauce.
- Repeat the layers, using the remaining ingredients
- Bake at a temperature of 375 degree F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is browned.
- Serve hot.