Aubergine Croquettes Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.organictuscany.org/recipes/eggplant-croquettes/
|Aubergine Croquettes Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 large Aubergines
- 2 Eggs
- Bread Crumbs (as desired)
- ½ cup grated Cheese (Kefalograviera or Parmesan)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup chopped Parsley
- Flour (for coating)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
How to make Aubergine Croquettes:
- Rinse aubergines and bake in the oven until tender and the skin starts shrinking.
- Peel the skin with your hands and some water.
- Remove the seeds and smash to make a pulp. Transfer into a bowl.
- Beat eggs and mix with the pulp. Add bread crumbs, cheese, baking powder, onion, and parsley. Mix well until the ingredients integrate into each other.
- Add salt and pepper. Mix.
- Shape the mixture into balls, adding flour (if required).
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the balls, coating with flour, until brown.
- Drain excess oil on absorbing paper and serve hot.