Autumn Chestnut Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.japanesefoodreport.com/2009/12/chestnut-rice.html
|Autumn Chestnut Rice Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
- 2 medium-sized Shiitake Mushrooms, dried
- 2 cups rinsed short- or medium-grain Rice, preferably Shinmai
- 2-1/3 cups Water (use 3 tbsp less water if using Shinmai)
- 1 (7-oz.) jar Chestnuts (in heavy syrup), drained
- 1 small Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce (Usukuchi Shoyu)
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp toasted Sesame seeds
- Radish Sprouts (Kaiwari Daikon) (optional)
How to make Autumn Chestnut Rice:
- Soak mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for about 30 minutes and dry them off before cutting of their stems, later have it diced.
- In a saucepan combine rinsed rice and water and soak it for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the chestnuts, sweet potatoes, salt, soy sauce and Mirin to the pan with rice. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover the saucepan with lid.
- Remove it from heat and have it covered and undisturbed. Break the rice mixture and serve it