Photo Credit: https://kitchen.desibantu.com/bellam-avakai
||480 Minutes |
||7200 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 25 Mangoes (raw)
- 250 g Mustard Powder
- 250 g Salt
- 5 Garlic Pods
- 250 g Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 500 ml Oil
How to make Avakai:
- Without removing the skin, chop the mangoes into big pieces.
- Spread out the pieces on a piece of cloth and let them dry overnight.
- Mix mustard powder, chili powder, garlic pods and turmeric powder with oil, to make a thick masala.
- In a dry, clean glass jar, spread a layer of mangoes followed by a layer of masala
- Repeat the same for the remaining mangoes.
- Close the jar tightly and keep aside for 4 to 5 days.
- After five days, open the jar and mix the pickle with a dry spoon. Close the lid.
- Avakai is ready!
Serve with rice and ghee.