Baby Corn And Egg Flower Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lins-china-jade-beaverton?select=xwcvZbMK_zWo9mn9JPxAjg
|Baby Corn And Egg Flower Soup Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4-5 small sized Baby Corn
- 1 Spring Onion
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Egg
- 4.5 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Sweet Corn Kernels
- ¼ tbsp White Pepper Powder
- ¼ tbsp Ajinomoto
- Salt to taste
How to make Baby Corn And Egg Flower Soup:
- Wash and thinly slice baby corn and also wash, trim and chop the spring onion. Also keep some spring onion for garnishing.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Mix the cornstarch in half a cup of water.
- Break the egg and remove the yolk from it. Beat the egg white lightly and keep it aside, for later use.
- Heat oil in a pan and add crushed garlic and fry briefly. Also add chopped spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, on high heat.
- Add thinly sliced baby corn and continue to cook for a minute.
- Mix in vegetable stock, along with sweet corn kernels and bring it to a boil. Also add white pepper powder, ajinomoto and salt, according to your taste.
- Add mixed cornstarch into the soup, stirring continuously. Bring it to boil and cook for a while.
- Now, reduce the heat and pour a spoonful of beaten egg white into the simmering soup.
- Let the egg white come up to the surface in the form of a white flower.
- Repeat until all the beaten egg white is used. Garnish with the reserved spring onion greens.