Baby Corn Korma Recipe
Photo Credit: http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.in/2013/05/shahi-paneer-babycorn-korma-side-dish.html
|Baby Corn Korma Recipe|
||9.4 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 12-15 Baby Corns
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil & Ghee (mixed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Coriander Leaves (for garnishing)
To Grind (1)
- 2 big Onions
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 2 small Garlic Cloves
- 4 medium Green Chilies
To Grind (2)
- 1½ tbsp Coconut
- 10 Cashew Nuts (soaked for 3 hours)
- ½-1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Elaichi
- A small piece of Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
How to make Baby Corn Korma:
- Cut baby corns into small pieces and pressure cook them for 3 whistles. Set them aside.
- Cut onions and tomato. Place them in a grinder.
- Add ginger, garlic cloves and green chilies and grind them to a paste.
- Heat oil and ghee in a kadai.
- Add bay leaf, elaichi, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the onion paste prepared in the kadai and stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Fry the mixture at low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the oil leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Add water to form a gravy consistency and boil the mixture.
- Add the cooked baby corn pieces.
- Place cashew nuts, coconut and fennel seeds in a grinder and grind them to form a smooth paste.
- When the gravy starts boiling, add the cashew nut paste and stir well.
- Boil the gravy till it becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti or fried rice.