Baby Corn Masala Recipe
|Baby Corn Masala Recipe|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
|Rating||6.2 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 1 kg Baby Corn, peeled
- 4 medium-size Tomatoes
- 3 Onions
- 1 cup Roasted Groundnut, powdered
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Seeds (kalonji)
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ¼ tsp Aniseeds (saunf)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Water, as required
How to make Baby Corn Masala:
- Take a bowl and cut baby corn into 1 inch pieces.
- Put it in the pressure cooker, along with salt, 4 cups water and turmeric powder and cook it for 10 minutes. Make sure it is soft.
- When cooked, keep it aside.
- Grind tomatoes to make puree and make a paste from the onions.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or kadai and heat oil in it. Put cumin seeds, onion seeds, aniseeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds in it.
- When the seeds start to crackle, put onion paste in it and saute till the raw smell goes out of it.
- Now, add tomato puree to it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put chili powder, turmeric powder and powdered groundnut in it and again cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now, add cooked baby corn and salt and boil for 5 minutes.
- Season it with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapattis and puris.