Baingan Bharta Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2009/10/09/baingan-bharta-eggplant/
|Baingan Bharta Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 kg Eggplant (Baigan)
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ cup Green Peas (cooked)
- 2 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 1 Onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- ½ Bunch Coriander (chopped for garnishing)
- Salt to taste
How to make Baingan Bharta:
- Brush baigan by using oil and roast it on a burner on medium flame.
- Continuously turn the baigan up and down, until fully roasted.
- Once it is fully roasted hold it under the cold running water, Cool it and peel off the black skin.
- Mash the Flesh and keep it aside.
- Heat up the oil in the pan, add green chili , onion and fry until onion become brown in color.
- Add red garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and blend it.
- Now Add tomatoes and cook until it become soft.
- Add green peas and mashed baigan. Mix it well. Fry the baigan bhartha for 7 min in medium heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve it.