Baked Cranberry Pudding Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.foodgal.com/2012/06/spring-for-alice-medrichs-saucy-cranberry-maple-pudding-cake/
|Baked Cranberry Pudding Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Grated Orange Peel
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 3 cups Fresh Cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine (melted)
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2-1/2 cups Whole Cranberries
How to make Baked Cranberry Pudding:
- In a bowl, take brown sugar and egg yolks. Then add whipping cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg to it and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, orange peel, baking powder, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and salt. Add chopped cranberries; stir to coat them completely. Add the above-made brown sugar mixture and butter; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add remaining cream of tartar to it. Now add this mixture to the above-made batter.
- Pour this batter into a greased 9-in. spring form pan and bake it at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, heat sugar and orange juice in a saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; add cranberries and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until berries begin to burst. Remove from heat and cover.
- When pudding tests done, place spring form pan on a jelly roll pan and ladle a spoon of warm cranberry sauce over top. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Before removing sides of spring form pan, let the pudding cool for 10 minutes. After taking the pudding out, cool for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Before serving, reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Baked Cranberry Pudding is ready to serve.