Baked Sweet Potato Falafel Recipe
Photo Credit: http://stylishspoon.com/2012/12/11/baked-sweet-potato-falafel/#sthash.r2iDhglL.dpbs
|Baked Sweet Potato Falafel Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1½ pounds Sweet Potato (preferably orange from inside)
- 2 handfuls Fresh Coriander / Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1½ tsp Coriander Seeds (ground)
- 120g Chickpea Flour
- ½ Lemon (juice)
- Olive Oil (for greasing)
- Sesame Seeds
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
How to make Baked Sweet Potato Falafel:
- Roast sweet potato in preheated oven at 425 deg F (220 deg C), for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Leave potatoes to cool and then peel.
- Put sweet potatoes, chickpea flour, lemon juice, garlic, fresh coriander, coriander seeds, cumin, salt and pepper, in a large bowl and mash until there are no large chunks found.
- Put in freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once you remove the mixture, it should have a sticky composition.
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F (200 deg C). Use a soup spoon or cookie scoop to make little mounds of dough in the greased tray.
- Season with sprinkles of sesame seeds and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bases are medium golden brown.