Banana Cream Pie Recipe
|Banana Cream Pie Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Rye Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 firm, ripe Bananas
- 1 (9-inch) baked Pie Shell
For the Meringue:
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¼ tsp Tartar Cream
- 6 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
How to make Banana Cream Pie:
- Heat milk in a saucepan and add wheat flour, rye flour, sugar, and salt.
- Stir quickly so that no lumps can form and the mxiture gets thick and smooth.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl and add to the milk mixture, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and butter. Remove and cool.
- Slice bananas into the pie shell and pour over the milk mixture.
- Prepare the meringue by beating egg whites and tartar cream together, until stiff.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until foamy and well blended.
- Spread over the milk mixture in the pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, until the meringue turns golden brown.
- Remove and bring to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, slice, and serve.