Banoffee Pie Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mattawamum.com/2011/11/yum-ee-banoffee-pie/
|Banoffee Pie Recipe|
||8.5 / 10 (18 votes)|
- 1 Ready-made graham cracker pie crust
- 3 Bananas
- 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
- Hot chocolate powder or cocoa, for dusting
- 300 ml Cream
How to make Banoffee Pie:
- Place the unopened can of condensed milk in a saucepan and cover it with water.
- Bring the water to a boil then decrease slightly and let the can boil covered for about 2- 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Don't ever let the saucepan boil dry, keep checking up on it and adding water if essential.
- Remove the can and wait for few minutes.
- Now open it the condensed milk will look like creamy brown caramel.
- Stir the caramel in the can with the fork to eliminate any lumps.
- Pour into your pie crust and let it cool, now place it into the refrigerator until cold.
- Cut bananas into thin pieces and lay them on the top of the toffee filling.
- Now whip the cream and spread it over bananas.
- Dust the cocoa or hot chocolate powder on the top.