Basic Sponge Cake Recipe
|Basic Sponge Cake Recipe|
|Rating||9.0 / 10 (45 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 Cup sifted cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Cup sugar, divided
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
How to make Basic Sponge Cake:
- Combine cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl, stir well and keep aside.
- Beat 3 egg yolks in an electric mixer at high speed of for about 1 minute.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar, beating constantly for about 5 minutes till the egg yolks are thick.
- Combine vanilla and 1/4 cup water with it, beating at low speed till well blended.
- Add flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture beating at low speed till blended, keep aside.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl at room temperature at high speed till foamy.
- Slowly add rest of the sugar, beating till peaks form.
- Stir one fourth of the egg white mixture into the batter and gently fold in the rest of the egg white mixture.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes till cake springs back when touched lightly in the centre.
- Invert the pan and let it cool for about 45 minutes.
- Now remove it from the pan.