Photo Credit: http://www.cakesandmore.in/2014/02/basundi-creamy-milk-pudding.html
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||9.3 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 1 1/2 L Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- A few strands Saffron (Kesar)
- 1/2 cup Almonds (blanched and peeled)
- 8-10 Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds (Chironji) (washed and dried)
How to make Basoondi:
- Take the almonds, sparing a few for garnishing, and grind into a smooth paste.
- Take the remaining almonds and pistachios and slice them neatly.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, boil the milk and then simmer it on low heat stirring continuously till it thickens.
- Take the almond paste and mix it with half cup of milk and add it to the thickened milk and mix well.
- Add sugar and saffron to the milk and cook till sugar is dissolved.
- Chill and serve garnished with sliced almonds, pistachios and chironji.