Basque Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taproduce.com/trade/recipe-detail.php?id=116&keywords=Basque_Salad
|Basque Salad Recipe|
||120 Minutes |
||5 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 3 medium fresh Tomatoes (thinly cored, quartered, and sliced)
- 1 large Cucumber (peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced)
- 1 Spanish Onion (peeled, cut in half, and thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Marjoram
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
How to make Basque Salad:
- In a large bowl, toss together the green, red, and yellow peppers with the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Whisk in oregano, basil, and marjoram.
- Continue whisking until ingredients are well blended and the oil and vinegar are emulsified.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, and toss gently with a wooden spoon. Cover, and marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Refrigerate until 1 hour before serving; then remove from the refrigerator, and let sit at room temperature.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.