Beef Casserole with Onions Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1940689/beef-and-vegetable-casserole-
|Beef Casserole with Onions Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||90 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small sprig of Rosemary
- 1 kg tender Beef (cut into large cubes)
- 900 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4-6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 700 g small pickle Onions (peeled)
- 1 small glass Red Wine
- 1 (5 cm) Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Demerara Sugar
- 5 grains Allspice
How to make Beef Casserole with Onions:
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the meat on medium heat.
- Pour vinegar and wait till all the liquids evaporate and meat turns brown.
- Add rest of the ingredients, except vegetable oil, onions and sugar. Cover and cook on low heat till the meat turns tender.
- Heat vegetable oil and brown the peeled onions turning on both sides to get a brown texture.
- Spread the onions evenly over the meat and sprinkle some sugar over them.
- Cover and cook gently without stirring until onions are softened. Rotate the pan while cooking to coat them in sauce.