Beef Stew with Leeks Recipe
|Beef Stew with Leeks Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 3 tbsp Blended Oil (90% canola, 10% extra-virgin olive)
- 2 pounds Beef Stew Meat (cut into 1½-inch chunks)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (cracked, to taste)
- ½ large Spanish or Sweet Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk Celery (finely chopped)
- 1 large Leek (cut into thick rounds, washed well in cold water, drained)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 to 5 cups Water
- 1 Fresh Bay Leaf or 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- 1 large sprig Rosemary
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 1 sprig Sage
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Orange Zest (grated)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (roughly chopped)
How to make Beef Stew with Leeks:
- Add blended oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Season the beef stew meat with kosher salt and pepper.
- When the oil turns hot, add the beef and sear on all sides, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and leek. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir for another 1 minute.
- Pour in the red wine and red wine vinegar. Stir till they are completely reduced away.
- Pour in 3 cups of water, 2 tsp salt, pepper, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, sage and cinnamon.
- Bring the contents to a boil and reduce to low heat. Cover the pot partially and simmer for an hour.
- In case the mixture dries up, add another cup or two of water.
- Simmer for 15 to 40 minutes, till the meat turns tender and the liquid is reduced to a saucy consistency.
- Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon sticks.
- Transfer the beef stew to a platter and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle orange zest and parsley.
- Serve hot with potatoes or rice.