Beetroot Gravadlax Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/beetroot-gravadlax
|Beetroot Gravadlax Recipe|
||90 Minutes |
||1460 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 150 g Sugar
- 300 g Table Salt
- ½ side Skinned Salmon
- 500 g Raw Beetroot (whole)
- Olive Oil (for baking)
- 100 ml Crème Fraîche
- Small bunch of Chives (snipped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Horseradish (grated)
How to make Beetroot Gravadlax:
- Mix table salt and sugar and marinate the salmon with the mixture.
- Refrigerate the salmon for 12 hours, to cure the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Place the beetroot in a roasting tray and drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the size, until it turns tender.
- Let the beetroot cool down and peel off its skin.
- Cut the beetroot and place it in the food processor. Blend it to form a puree.
- Remove the salmon from the salt-sugar mixture and rinse under running water.
- Now, cover the salmon with beetroot puree and return it back to the refrigerator for 12 hours again.
- Remove the beetroot puree from the salmon and reserve it aside.
- Slice the salmon into thin pieces and lay them on a serving plate.
- In a mixing bowl, mix crème fraîche, chives and horseradish.
- Serve the salmon with beetroot puree and horseradish cream.