Beetroot Halwa Recipe
|Beetroot Halwa Recipe|
|Rating||8.6 / 10 (21 votes)|
- 1 kg Beetroot (peeled off, washed & finely grated)
- 2-1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Liter milk (boiled)
- 2 to 3 Cups of water (sufficient to boil the beetroot)
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 8 Raisins
- 2 tbsp Ghee
How to make Beetroot Halwa:
- Pour water in a shallow pan (kadahi) and add grated beetroot.
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer well until water gets evaporated.
- Add sugar and half of the milk, stir constantly until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
- Now add ghee and stir well.
- Add remaining milk and simmer again for just 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Take off heat and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
- Beetroot Halwa is ready to serve hot.