BENGALI FISH FRY RECIPE
|BENGALI FISH FRY RECIPE|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 Minutes|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
|Calories Per Serving||300|
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (grated finely)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 tsp Kalo Jeera (kalonji seeds)
- 2 Whole Red Chilies
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and cut)
- 3 Whole Green Chilies
- 800 gms( 28.21 ounce) Fish(any)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin Seeds
How to make BENGALI FISH FRY RECIPE:
- First cut the fish into pieces.
- Marinate the fish with turmeric and salt and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium flame.
- Put the fish pieces and fry it until it turns light brown on both sides.
- Now take out the fish and put it on a plate.
- Mix the ground coriander seeds, the cumin, ginger, turmeric and red chili powder
- Add salt, water and mix it in a small bowl.
- Add oil in the frying pan and heat it over a medium flame.
- Put kalonji, bay leaves, red chilies and fry it for few seconds.
- Put onion when the bay leaves start to darken and fry it.
- Add the spice paste and stir it for about 1 minute.
- Put in the fish in a single layer in a pan with 1 cup of water.
- Put green chilies over the fish.
- Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the fish pieces, cover it and cook the fish for 10-15 minutes
- Serve hot.
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Protein: 12 g
Suggestions:Serve with rice.